Finally, some knitting content! I finished the Monkey socks from Knitty last week. The pattern was enjoyable to knit once the chart was memorized - fairly easy to do. I would have preferred them knit on US 0's or 1's, but I didn't have enough yarn to accommodate the change in gauge. I also substituted a star toe for the standard grafted toe. They are quite comfy and fit very well. The only down side is that they pilled terribly after only one wearing. Good thing I have a sweater shaver!
Up close and personal:
From here you can see the pattern clearly and where the star toe decreases are. I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that the lace pattern doesn't read very well in this yarn. I normally wouldn't use a variegated yarn for lace, but the model sock in the pattern is done with variegated yarn a reads pretty well. Oh well, another opportunity to learn.